Free Pascal - operators
- arithmetic operators - are used to perform mathematical operations. the following are basic operations between the arithmetic operators:
addition: + Subtraction: - multiplication: * division: / integer division: div modulo: mod additive inverse: -
- logical - three or four logical operations are available, exactly how much it depends on the particular programming language that we use. with these operations, we can solve any logical task or condition. these logical conditions are for example connections of comparing values according to certain rules, testing values. logical operations are mainly used in the execution of conditional statements.
logical and: and logical or: or logical negation: not
- bitwise - we have more of the bitwise operators, using the bitwise operator we can set or determine the specific bit in whole numbers.
bitwise left shift: shl bitwise right shift: shr bitwise and: and bitwise or: or bitwise not: not bitwise xor: xor
- relational - the main use of the relational operators is in control of conditional statements. thanks to these, we can decide which direction to continue the conditional statements, or for example, how many iterations of the cycle need to perform.
less than: < greater than: > less than or equal to: <= greater than or equal to: >= Equal to: = Not equal to: <>
- assignment assignment: :=
Examples - Free PascalOther pieces of example codes:
x = 6
(x / 5) * 10
(15 mod 4)
x >= y / 5
a>1 or a<100